Friday, December 7, 2018

Komainu - Ramona Flowers Earned the Power of Hentai




Here we have Ramona Flowers from “Scott Pilgrim” drawn by Komainu

This was something I’ve always wanted to see drawn after I had watched “Scott Pilgrim vs. The World”.  Just loved how bad-ass Ramona is, especially when she wields her big-ass hammer.

This was one of the ideas that I had in my “ideas cookbook” but didn’t know which artist to give it to.  But I had seen some of Komainu’s artwork and I decided to give them a try.  And they certainly didn’t disappoint.  The next step with the coloring was easy, and the hair was especially fun given that Ramona changes her hair color a few times in the course of the comic and the movie.  The different colors of her hair I will post on my blog page, along with the uncensored version.

But like always, the background was the harder part because I wanted to do something that was a nod to the comic and the movie.  The comic was easy with how bold and simplistic it was but the movie was harder.  So I went with a more comic-like background.

I also wanted to throw in a few more nods to the comic like an “Introduction block” where it shows the characters name, occupation, rating and all that.  Given how explicit this picture is, I wanted the rating to say “sexy as fuck”.  And in the comic there are moments when, like in a game, Scott earns certain power ups.  like, “Scott has earned the power of love”, or “Scott has earned the power of self-respect” or “Scott has earned the power of understanding”.  For Ramona and this situation I had to throw in “Ramona has earned the power of hentai”.

Hope all of you like it as much as I did coloring it. 

No comments: