Saturday, December 8, 2018

BlushMallet - Animated Harem Elsa


A while ago I came across this lovely artist named @blushmallet and I liked their style.  But I wanted to see if I could commission them for something I had in mind.  For those of you who had been following the art in my tumblr, you know that I have been trying to bring a vision of mine to life.  The vision of the “animated harem” in which I have a group of women from various media, anime, video games, etc and do a series of pictures of them.  And it’s my hope that BlushMallet will be the artist whom I can bring this vision to completion.

The first is Elsa of “Frozen”.  Yes, I know I seem obsessed with her, but hey, we all have one character we go for.  So, Elsa was my first one that I went for.  And after the line art was done, I went to coloring it.  Of course, I asked beforehand if Blushmallet was okay with this, with me coloring it and posting it to my own tumblr.  They said that it was perfectly alright.  So, with that blessing, I unleashed myself on this project.  I did things like I usually do but then came the background and I knew that I had a challenge ahead of me.  The challenge was that I wanted to recreate the balcony of Elsa’s ice palace.  A little bit to what I had done before in a previous picture that I had colored.  However, to try and push my own skills I decided to try to make it look like sunset.  Which was a little tricky but I managed it and I kept pushing with little details here and there.  Such as the shadows, the body lighting and so on.  At last, the final touch was the snow.  Just wouldn’t be Elsa without the snow and snowflakes.  So thanks to some brushes I had in photoshop I added those and here it is. 

My thanks to @blushmallet for their work and I hope to commission them in the future. 

(C) Elsa - Frozen - Disney

Note:  All character(s) depicted here are 18 years of age or older

No comments: