Saturday, December 8, 2018

Coloring Commission - CallMePo - Lord of Bones - House Uniting


This is a coloring commission made to me by Lord of Bones of a lineart that he had @callmepo do for him.  It’s an “extra naughty commission” of Harry involved in a house uniting ceremony with Hermione Granger, Susan Bones and Daphne Greengrass. 

Here’s the original lineart:  Three Down, One More House Rep To Go

What happened with this picture is that, I was approached by Lord of Bones over at my HentaiFoundry Page and he asked to commission me and he showed me the picture that he had CallMePo do for him.  And I knew just from looking at it that it would be quire an undertaking.  This was especially true since he had asked for specific skin tones for the participants in this picture.  Such as how the skin tones for the women would go from pale to tan starting with Daphne being the palest, then Susan being a fair skin tone and then Hermione being a little more tan than the others.  After digging through various pictures I’ve done over time and the differing skin tones I’ve done I pulled together a pallet list and came up with something.  However, it took a little tweaking to get it just right for Lord of Bone’s vision. 

The next part that he wanted, which I thought was clever, was how each girl would have lipstick and nail polish in coordinating colors with their houses.  Such as, Daphne would have green for Slytherin, Susan would have yellow for Hufflepuff, and Hermione would have red for Gryffindor.  And thanks to those, I applied the same thing to the letters in the book in the background. 

The final most fun part was putting in the background of the castle wall.  In other pictures what I did was just laying down uniform brick patterns into the canvas.  But this time I decided to make it look more like a medieval castle.  And by that I would need to make the bricks/stones look more irregular.  So I went about doing that making it look like the stones were picked up out of the riverbed and set into place with thick mortar. 

© Harry Potter, Susan Bones, Daphne Greengrass and Hermione Granger - Harry Potter - Warner Bros. and J.K. Rowling
 
Note: All character(s) depicted here are 18 years of age or older. 

No comments: