Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Psyconorikan - L and the Chocolate Factory


This is the colored version of L Finds a Golden Ticket that I had commissioned of Psyconorikan.

It had occurred to me a long time ago that given how much L loves chocolate, candy, and other sweet things then for him to be at the Chocolate Factory would be a dream come true for him. In fact I imagine that’s what heaven is like for L. Ironically enough, she had drawn a picture that shows L in Heaven. It’s called, L, Aftermath Ain’t So Bad.

However, there was the discussion of which Wonka to use. I picked the Gene Wilder version over the Johnny Depp because of two reasons. One I think that Gene Wilder really accentuated Wonka’s eccentricity as a candy maker. While Johnny Depp on the other hand made Wonka into this self-obsessed childish man-boy. In other words Johny Depp had made Willy Wonka into Michael Jackson. The second reason being the most obvious is that the Gene Wilder version has a certain sentimental value to me.

Coloring this one was a little tricky but I knew that I would get it done eventually.

I thank Psyconorikan for such a wonderful job and Killerchibis for her help in the background effects.

And to close things out I want to give all of you the lyrics to a great song. “Pure Imagination” by Gene Wilder.

[Spoken]
Hold your breath
Make a wish
Count to three

[Sung]
Come with me
And you’ll be
In a world of
Pure imagination
Take a look
And you’ll see
Into your imagination

We’ll begin
With a spin
Traveling in
The world of my creation
What we’ll see
Will defy
Explanation

If you want to view paradise
Simply look around and view it
Anything you want to, do it
Wanta change the world?
There’s nothing
To it

There is no
Life I know
To compare with
Pure imagination
Living there
You’ll be free
If you truly wish to be

If you want to view paradise
Simply look around and view it
Anything you want to, do it
Wanta change the world?
There’s nothing
To it

There is no
Life I know
To compare with
Pure imagination
Living there
You’ll be free
If you truly
Wish to be



© L - Death Note - Tsugumi Ohba

© Willy Wonka - Roald Dahl - Warner Bros Pictures

No comments: