Saturday, December 8, 2018

BlushMallet - Princess Leia/Carrie Fisher Tribute




In light of recent events this week, I sent a message immediately to @blushmallet asking for an “emergency commission”.  I was on my way to work when I was told of the news of Carrie Fisher’s passing and so I knew that a fitting tribute must be done in her honor.  And what I had in mind was a picture of her as Princess Leia, standing sideways and holding her gun.  At the time I figured that’d be enough but then I thought about what she would say in the face of her death to the people who loved her.  Given Carrie Fisher’s fight for mental health issues, the phrase came to me:  “continue the fight”.  It seemed like something both she and Leia would say.  And I also knew that even though the princess is gone, the cause and hope still remain. 

And so, with all this in BlushMallet’s hands I waited and after it was done, I went straight to work on it.  But in the princess of coloring it I decided to do two versions of it.  The first would be of her as normal but the second had to be a “force ghost” version.  I know a lot of people on the internet have done similar tributes of this and so I knew that I couldn’t leave something like that out either. 

And so, here it is everyone.  The tribute to Carrie Fisher/Princess Leia brought to you by @blushmallet and myself.  My thanks to Blushmallet for the incredible work that was done.  Thank you. 

And thank you Carrie Fisher.  Rest in peach. 

© Princess Leia - Star Wars - Lucasarts - Disney

No comments: