Friday, December 7, 2018

Stickymon - Amalgam Comics - AmeriQuinn


Here’s a piece whose lineart was done for me by StickyMon and which I added the colors.

The idea behind it was something that Kay-sama, SniperPlushie and I came up with.  I had asked them if there was an Amalgam design that they’d like to see and one of the ideas that came up was that they wanted to see something done with Harley Quinn.  I immediately jumped at the idea and began to think out who Harley could be fused with on the Marvel side.  And, as I recall, and either one of them can correct me on this, but I think it was Kay-Sama who suggested American Dream (Shannon Carter).  And I think it was me that blurted out the name for this Amalgam:  "Ameri Quinn".  After that, I started a few sketches of this idea.
As for her weapons, I had the notion of an exploding Apple Pie as an absurdly comic idea that blends the whole “American as Apple Pie” with the overly comic book round bomb with a fuse that Harley Quinn uses or would use.  But eventually that idea was dropped in favor of an old World War 2 bazooka and a baseball bat (idea courtesy of Kay-sama).

The outfit itself I knew it had to look like an American flag in reference to Shanon Carter but it also had to have a flair of Harley Quinn, so I asked StickyMon to use a pattern like what I had sketched out, the strips in two quadrants and blue and stars in the other.  And after he finished the drawing and sent it to me and after coloring it I think it came out well.  Especially with the flag in the background, it rather harkens back to the old World War 2 propaganda posters, don’t you think?

I also invite you to have a look at StickyMon’s Block

© Harley Quinn - DC Comics

© American Dream (Shanon Carter) - Marvel Comics

No comments: