Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Bokuman - Shinkei Airbending


This is the newest in the series of pieces of the character I created named “Shinkei” and I think that this will be the last of the series.  There may be others but at this point I’m not entirely sure if there will be.

The line-art version was done for me by the wonderful artist Bokuman who did it in this piece StarDragon77 Commission 009010

As the title states, Shinkei is doing airbending in this one or “Air Bagu Wa” as I referred to it in the Forum RPG that I created this character for - which is the reason for the symbol there - the sword with the stars around it.  The symbol was created by me for the forum before it all went under.  It really was a shame but I liked the way that I had designed this character so I decided to keep him and keep going with the artwork that I’ve had Bokuman do of him.

The only real hard part about this one was coloring the “wind wisps” I guess you could call them.  After all it is incredibly difficult to color wind or wind motions (especially against a white background) so I made it a very light gray sort of color that would be easy to see but would be unmistakable for wind.

© StarDragon77 - Shinkei

No comments: