Thursday, December 6, 2018

CallMePo - Near Zero Agent Xero and Lacey Shadows




This is the colored version of “Near-O Agent Xero” drawn by CallMePo as part of his “Pre-con non-com one-shots”.

Here’s the Original:  Near O Agent Xero

I saw it and immediately I wanted to color it along with Lacey Shadows.

The part that was tricky about coloring this one was the decision I had as to whether or not to leave it with flat colors like the original. But after laying down the flat colors for the hair as well as the skin I had decided to go my usual route and add shading to the picture.

I hope that I did as much justice to the picture as CallMePo did.

Next is a colored version of Lacey Shadows that was drawn by CallMePo as part of a set that was commissioned to him by KitNezumi

Here’s the original version that was done by CallMePo: Racey Lacey Shadows Sketch

I saved Lacey Shadows for last because I found her to be the most fun out of the Modifyers Duo.  When it came to the digital line art, the hardest part had to be the fishnets.  Even though it was a simple pattern, it is often said in this kind of artwork that the simplest type of art is usually the hardest to do.  But eventually I got it right.   Lacey’s hair was the second hardest because of how there were about four or five different colors involved in it.  In addition to that, there was the added need of matching the color of the lineart of the hair to the overlapping color.

I must also admit that I borrowed a bit from Zone-Archives in the picture of Lacey Shadows and Agent Xero.

Using the eyedrop tool in photoshop, I borrowed the background colors and applied them to my picture.  Some would say that it was out of laziness but, the truth of it is that it seems to be the most appropriate.
Note:  All character(s) depicted here are 18 years of age or older

© Agent Xero - The The Modifyers - Nickelodeon

© Lacey Shadows and Agent Xero - Modifyers - Nickelodeon

No comments: