Saturday, December 8, 2018

Coloring Commission - CallMePo - Cypher3au - Fleur’s Second Thoughts


This is the colored version of the lineart called ”Second Thoughts“ that was drawn by @callmepo as a commission to @cypherthree

The premise of this one is that Fleur Delacour is having second thoughts about the choice of swimsuit for the cold Scottish lake.  

In terms of coloring, this one was both easy as it was hard.  The initial easy part was coloring Fleur, the dock and the tentacle rising out of the lake.  The hard part came when I was charged to creating a background.  At Cypher’s request he asked that the background look something similar to a Scottish lake.  so, I took my time getting the surface of the lake right, the hills, the coloring of the hills, texturizing and so on.  But the initial pallet I chose was green hills and a blue lake.  Thanks to my colleague, , she told me that blue is more appropriate for oceans instead of lakes. So I changed it to a muddy green type of color.  Thinking I was finished, I showed it to Cypher and then I found out that I made a bit of a mistake.  The mistake being that it was supposed to be a winter scene.  So, I needed to change it to look like it’s in the middle of winter.  Which would also explain why Fleur’s nipples look hard enough to cut glass.

But after dealing with the change and adding in a few extra effects, the pic was done.

Note:  All character(s) depicted here are 18 years of age or older.

© Fleur Delacour - Harry Potter - J.K. Rowling - Scholastic Publishing - Warner Bros.

No comments: