Saturday, December 8, 2018

StickyMon - Lily Cade is Heartbreaker



For a long time, I’ve always been a fan of @lilycade, an adult film maker and performer, who has made and starred in quite a lot of adult movies over the years.  Among her works include “The Muse”, “Art School Dykes” and “Ms. Grey”.  Most recently, she directed and starred in a movie called “Heartbreaker vs Obscura”.  The story is that Lily Cade is the retired superhero known as Heartbreaker who is convinced by her old partner, Ice Queen, to battle an old foe named Obscura. 
I already loved the idea of it and I wanted to do a tribute to Lily Cade and her character.  So, when @stickymonart opened commissions again, I asked him to do a lineart of it. 
As soon as he was done with the artwork, I went to work on coloring it.  Setting up the fields for the color pieces was easy but…trying to match the colors to the original was tough.  Call me a perfectionist, but I wanted to give proper justice to Lily Cade.  So it took a lot of trial and error to get the hair and eye color just right.  After that, everything else was easy….at least until I got to the background.  I was pretty stumped initially when I tried to think of how to play this out. 

But then I remembered the roots of it all; Heartbreaker is a superhero, so why not use something comicbook like.  With that in mind, I used a yellow to orange spherical gradient and radiated it outward from Heartbreaker with some red “action lines”.  After that, I felt it needed something else, so I played around with the titles, like showing off the superhero name “Heartbreaker”.  After that, I still wasn’t exactly satisfied and so I went further by making it look like a movie title card with “Lily Cade is……Heartbreaker”.  And for an extra punch I put these “black boxes” at the top and bottom to give it a certain letterbox or “Movie theater look”. 

But given that I know that not everyone would like the added titles, I created the titled and title-free versions. 

My greatest of thanks to Stickymon and the art they did and to Lily Cade for the inspiration and wonderful work she does. 

Keep it up both of you. 

Note:  All character(s) depicted here are 18 years of age or older. 

© Heartbreaker - Heartbreaker vs Obscura - Lily Cade - Severe Sex

No comments: