Friday, December 7, 2018

Coloring Commission - CallMePo - Will Bufford - Harley, Korra and Rogue at Mardi Gras


This is the second coloring commission in the batch from Will Bufford that involves Harley Quinn, Korra and Rogue.  It involves a lineart that he had CallMePo do for him.  The setup is that they’re all at Mardi Gras and they’re getting very…VERY crazy.  Then again, with Harley Quinn, I suppose this is just an average day for her. 

Original Lineart by callmepo​:  Harley, Korra and Rogue at Mardi Gras

Coloring this one was tricky in it’s own area.  Mainly it’s the beads that were the trickiest.  My first thought was to color them in the respective colors to their characters, red for Harley, blue for Korra and green for Rogue.  It was when I was just about done that I found out that the traditional Mardi Gras bead colors were gold, green and purple/pink.  But with the way that the beads turned out, I
liked it too much to make any color changes so I kept it. 

As far as a background goes, initially I wanted to show something of New Orleans but that seemed a little hard to do given the angle this picture was at, so I settled on a close-up of a building with some windows.  But given how it is, I think the background came out well. 

I did also think about throwing in confetti but after doing it and showing it to Will we both came to the conclusion that it was distracting and covered up too much.  So, we axed the confetti and left it as is. 

© Harley Quinn - Batman - DC Comics - Warner Bros

© Korra - Legend of Korra - Nickelodeon

© Rogue - X-men - Marvel Comics

Note:  All character(s) depicted here are 18 years of age or older

No comments: