Friday, December 7, 2018

Coloring Commission - Cypher3au - Damn Elevators


Here is a coloring commission that was made to me by Cypher3au of a lineart that was done for him by FedGDPerry

When I looked at the picture and saw the complexity that was involved in it, I knew that it was going to be a challenge.  And I do admit that I was overwhelmed when I started the task.  For one the lineart is in a style that I had never done or experienced before.  So this provided it’s own unique challenges.  The other part that made things a little more difficult is that these characters are ones that I’m not familiar with, so I asked Cypher about them, and he told me that they were fusions of characters from the games “Mass Effect” as well as “Dragon Age”.  That answered a few questions I had but it did add another layer of challenge since I had never played either Mass Effect or Dragon Age, even though I want to.  But when you have limited budgets, getting an Xbox is pretty out of the question.  But thankfully, Cypher had some reference images of the women involved in this picture that I could use.

The one that I had the most fun with was the one at the right, Miriam Hawke, main reason was because of the holograms that she was using.  Something that I had never done before and never really had the opportunity to do.  So, I used a few techniques from making lightsabers in the creation of it.

After the others were done, it came down to the background of the elevator which wasn’t that hard, just a little base, dark colors, light colors, blurring and an overlay of the light source and there you have it.

Note: All Character(s) Depicted here are 18 years of age or older

© Miriam Hawke, Isabella and Bethany - Dragon Age - BioWare

© Mass Effect - BioWare

Also, my coloring commissions are open.  If you have a lineart that you want colored, send me a note and we’ll talk

No comments: