Friday, December 7, 2018

Coloring Commission - Great Dude - When Bandages Attack


A while ago, I was contacted by sjd83 who asked me to color this lineart:

Mummy Attack

Initially I was a little wary of it because it was so very different from other linearts that I’ve colored but I decided to take up the challenge.   Already the biggest issue I had with it was how scratchy the lines were.  But it wasn’t really the first time that I had colored anything where the lines looked sketchy.  The extra challenge were the bandages themselves since there were some in the foreground as well as the background.  So that required several different layers to compensate for it.  When it came to the background, I decided to use a more tan/dirty sand color to it similar to what one finds in a lot of old tombs, or at least depictions of them, if you know what I mean.

With the picture done, my commissioner was very happy with it.  

© Lion-O - Thundercats - RankinBass

No comments: