Friday, December 7, 2018

Coloring Commission - Leon-a versus the Void (Colored)


This is a coloring commission made to me by SJD83 with the lineart done by CallMePo

Here’s the original: Leon-a Versus the Void Lineart

At first I thought I was just going to color Leon-a and the void creature but then I was asked to color a background with some line work that SJD83 had drawn up.  In comparison, both were rather intricate.  Such as with Leon-a, there was the need to lock the layers and add some extra color, like the dark blue trim on her outfit, the white edging on the boots, and so on.  Next was coloring the void creature.  Using the polygon lasso tool on all those curves and such took quite a while to get done.  So, all in all, Leon-a and the Void Creature took about a full day to color.

The next part came with the background where, thankfully, there wasn’t as much guess work when it came to making the background.  But in the course of laying down the colors for the trees, the leaves and the bushes, it made me feel like a digital version of Bob Ross.  "We’re just painting some happy trees here, some bushes aaaaaaand some light beams.“

Thanks to some techniques I had learned over time I was able to throw in some diffused light that looks like it’s coming through the tops of the trees and add in a few dots and blur them and they look like dust particles.

Two days worth of work and I’m rather proud of how it turned out.

© Leon-a - Genderend of Lion-O - Thundercats - Rankin-Bass

No comments: