Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Netspike - Shinkei Firebending Practice


This is the colored version of the Shinkei Firebending Lineart by Netspike

I think that the first piece of his that I saw, which drew me to him was his Katara Waterbending picture that he did. After looking through his gallery I thought to myself that I would commission him to bring my character Shinkei to life in the Avatar animation style.

Originally, I wanted him to draw Shinkei in his, what has become, his trademark suit. However, because of the world of Avatar: the Last Airbender a few things had to be changed around a little. So we compromised on putting him in one of the four nations doing one of the elemental styles. Netspike liked the idea of the Fire Nation and firebending so that’s where he put him. I agreed and instructed him to draw Shinkei in some kind of Fire Nation outfit and in a dojo-like setting.

When he was done I admit that I was a little taken aback and overwhelmed at the prospect of the coloring of this. The character itself wasn’t so much of a problem as the background but as with all the linearts that I’ve colored a little patience can go a very long way.

Thank you again, Netspike

I’d also like to thank Eigo-otaku who did The Dojo which has helped me as far as the coloring of this background.

And I’d like to thank Theminttu for his Tutorial for Fire and Flame


© Fire Nation and Firebending - Avatar the Last Airbender - Nickelodeon

No comments: