Saturday, August 15, 2020

Coloring Commission - Gwen Gets Slimed

 

In the most recent of commissions from Slim2k6, who has been a great patron as well, we have this piece that was drawn by CallMePo some years back of Gwen from "Total Drama Island" being slimed while at the camp, and really enjoying it by the look of it.  

When I was commissioned to do this one, I was given two versions of the picture, one where Gwen looked like she was floating in mid-air and another that featured the slime monster.  And I was asked to color them both.  My work was really cut out for me in this instance and it was a little hard to get to it because my regular job has been so hectic and random as far as its scheduling.  But eventually I managed to finish coloring Gwen but the real challenge ahead was coloring the background and the slime monster.  The reason is because Po tends to shade and color in the line arts and that can make things tricky as far as getting the coloring right.  The same can be said about the background as far as making it look like night time as Slim2k6 wanted.  

 But after a lot, a lot, and a lot of trial and error and some insight from Slim2k6 as well, I managed to get it to come out just right and here we have the final pieces.  

 My thanks to Slim2k6 for allowing me the opportunity to color this.  

If you enjoyed this piece and want to see more, please consider commissioning me to color a line art of become a patron at my Patron.   

Note:  All characters depicted here are 18 years or age or older.

(C) Gwen - Total Drama Island - Teletoon

No comments: