Saturday, December 8, 2018

BlushMallet - Animated Harem - Samus Aran


This is, what may be, the last in the “Animated Harem” series that I had commissioned of @blushmallet.  This time, I picked another video game character that I had quite a lot of fond memories of growing up with the original Nintendo system.  I remember how shocked and horrified a lot of guys were at the fact that Samus was a woman but it didn’t seem to bother me that much. 

For this one, I had asked @blushmallet to draw Samus in a pose and expression that was both “Strong and sexy”.  And when this came back I was instantly hooked on it.  But, like the others, the big challenge was coming up with a background.  I had two ideas in mind.  The first came to me when I thought back to the original Metroid and how the final part of the game involves defeating the Mother Brain in its giant glass container. 

With that in mind, I had the notion of making the background look like Samus was standing in the defeated Mother Brain’s glass container, victorious that she beat it. 

Of course, the other idea I had in mind for a background comes from a piece of box art for “Metroid 2″ where Samus is kneeling on an alien world, brown sandy rocky terrain around her and a starry sky above her.  I thought of using that but with the encouragement of my girlfriend, she said “go with what you think is the most awesome”.  And so I went with the mother brain glass container. 

So, after coloring Samus, I painted out the metal plate she’d be standing on along with the shattered glass behind her that she shot in with her missiles.  And I had to throw in the “energy rings” that we’ve all had to dodge during our fight with this big bad boss.  And all of that was against a black background.  Seeing the black background I wasn’t all that satisfied with it, so I went with something a little new.  I combined both ideas of the sandy alien world background and the mother brain container.  Thus the reason why you see it like this. 

So, in the end, when it’s finished, I was quite pleased with how it turned out.  I especially like Samus’s expression.  Her face seems to say, “Yes, I’m a woman under this armor.  Yes, I’m sexy.  But I can still kick your ass and feed you your bones.”

My thanks to @blushmallet for the marvelous work that they did on this.  Thank you again. 

Note:  All Character(s) depicted here are 18 years of age or older

© Samus Aran - Metroid - Nintendo

No comments: