Saturday, December 8, 2018

Coloring Commission - CallMePo - Desscribe - Countess Von Bludd


Here’s a new coloring commission that was made to @callmepo by Desscribe.  In the tradition that he’s made, he continued on with making a series of commissions of obscure characters from old comics.  This particular one is from a 1970s comic called “Scary Tales” and her name is “Countess R.H. Von Bludd. 

Original Drawing:  Quick n Dirty commission - Countess Von Bludd

Initially when I started I tried to get a sense of her coloring from what Desscribe had told me of her and what I saw in the comic pages.  And given that it was a 1970s comic, the coloring scheme was a bit muddled.  So I essentially punted a lot with her hair and eye color.  So, I went with the closest pallet I could find, which is of Natasha Romanov (Black Widow) since the Countess here has red hair.  But the skin color, initially I borrowed the pallet that I used for Elsa.  But I was told to make her more pale.  When told that I was concerned that I would make her the same liquid paper color tone as her cat.  But thankfully it didn’t come to that. 

And since I was commissioned for a simple background, I went with the background I used in a few other pieces:  old style stone and mortar.  Although, if I could have (and if I had the time since my job is taking up a lot of time) I would have made the background more elaborate with her coffin behind her.  Maybe that’ll be something to do for the future. 

Note:  All character(s) depicted here are 18 years of age or older. 

© Countess R.H. Von Bludd - Scary Tales - Charlton

No comments: