Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Wen-M - The Sword of Silicon Valley


The was a commission I made to Wen-M.  The notion came to me when I started to think of a fusion of science fiction and fantasy in a weapon.  Traditionally when the two are combined we usually think of a lightsaber like what is seen in Star Wars.  But I wanted to go in a much different direction.  So I spoke with Wen-M about this and he came up with a few sketches and I picked the one that would become this.  As for the title, the reason why I called it “The Sword of Silicon Valley” is because in fantasy stories where a legendary type of sword is crafted or found it’s usually called a “weapon name” of “location of crafting or finding”.  That is essentially the formula of it.  And really for this, why should I be any different?

© Sword of Silicon Valley - Wen-M and StarDragon77

No comments: