Friday, March 20, 2020

JulyViolet - Try Guys DnD - Edgar the Destroyer

Here we have a piece drawn by JulyViolet and colored by me.

The backstory of this is that my girlfriend and I are fans of the YouTube comedy group "the Try Guys" and one day we were sitting in on a lazy day and I mentioned how it'd be cool if the Try Guys did a video of themselves playing Dungeons and Dragons. Sure enough, on that very day, a video was uploaded of them doing just that.

Try Guys Try Dungeons and Dragons: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okKiieF0oM4&t=290s

After seeing it, I couldn't help but be inspired by what I saw so I sat down and spoke with an artist that I frequently commission and asked them if they could do the artwork. As far as my choices of which to go with first, I decided to start in the same timeline of when they were released. First is the one done by Ned Fulmer; a Human Barbarian named Edgar the Destroyer. "I take no prisoners....and I always skip leg day."

The hardest part of coloring this one was the hair because of how flowing it is and how much detail needed to be put into it but after that hurdle, everything else was pretty easy. Especially the background. Now, if you have questions as to why I put in a chicken/rooster into the background, this is something you'd have to know as a fan of the Try Guys, that they each have animal mascots. For Ned Fulmer, his is a chicken/rooster. So, I imagined Edgar being the leader of a tribe of Barbarians with a chicken/rooster as their symbol.

My thanks to JulyViolet for doing this picture for me.

JulyViolet: https://www.patreon.com/julyviolet

(C) The Try Guys

(C) Dungeons and Dragons - Wizards of the Coast

No comments: