Tuesday, November 24, 2020

JulyViolet - My Animated Harem Birthday Party



 I made a commission to JulyViolet a few months back.  I think it was around August or so because my birthday was in September.  And so, I decided to have something special done as far as art done.  Similar to how back in the 2000s I did an art piece where my favorite characters were around me throwing a birthday party for me.  This time, I decided to have my Animated Harem doing it for me and I knew that there should be a nude and a clothed version.  Probably the most expensive piece I've ever had commissioned.  

In coming up with the concept for this for JulyViolet, I already knew what I wanted to happen.  Basically Elsa would do the decorations, Tracer would be doing her victory pose, Maggie would have a present (definitely a book) ready, Aunt Cass would have a cake baked, Lilith would have the snacks, Zone-tan would be drinking a lot (according to her she can hold her liquor), and Samus would be bringing out the party game (DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS!).  

I was so ecstatic when it was finished but I knew that the real hard part of it was going to be the actual coloring.  But in doing this, I knew one really big thing I need to do; I need to get a proper desk and chair.  Sitting down for hours on end at a pub style dining table is no way to do this.  The first one I worked on was the nude one and then after that I went for the coloring piece.  At first I combined both the nude and clothed versions into one file but it was getting too damn big so I separated them out.  After finishing the nudes, I transplanted the layers and then worked on the clothes.  So the nude version has 271 layers and the clothed version has 331.  Of course, my friend, Hooksnfangs, protested this idea of, "Why have so many layers!?  Just merge them."  Why?  Just in case a mistake is made and I can go back and change it.  Especially if it's an issue of the color.  

And I would like to thank Hooksnfangs for helping with the background, making it balanced and not as crowded or distracting.  

Thank you, JulyViolet, for the work that they've done on this.  

Click here to learn more about My Animated Harem

If you enjoyed this piece, and want to see more please consider commissioning me to color a line art or become a patron at my Patreon.

Note:  All characters depicted here are 18 years of age or older

© Elsa – Frozen - Disney 

© Zone-tan - Zone-archives

© Aunt Cass Hamada - Big Hero Six - Disney  

© Maggie Mui - Read or Die - R.O.D. the TV - Aniplex 

© Lilith - Darkstalkers/Vampire Savior - Capcom

© Tracer - Overwatch - Blizzard 

© Samus Aran - Metroid - Nintendo

No comments: