Saturday, December 8, 2018

Blushmallet - Animated Harem - Aunt Cass Hamada


After how well the Animated Harem Elsa piece turned out, I decided to set my eyes on the rest of the series that I had often dreamed could be brought to life.  So, I emailed @blushmallet and asked if they’d be willing to continue this series, and they said yes.  So far I have 6 women from various media of movies, TV, anime, videos games and so on.  Elsa was the first and now @blushmallet and I give you Aunt Cass Hamada from “Big Hero Six”. 

I admit that I was a little late in watching “Big Hero Six” but after seeing it, I can see why people loved Gogo Tomago and Honey Lemon but I felt that there was so little love going on for Aunt Cass Hamada.  I suppose you could call her a “MILF” but technically she’s not a mother, even though she had to take that role.  So I suppose you could call her an “AILF”.  But the aspects of her that I loved was the fact that she owns her own business, she knows the value of baked goods, and is a very no nonsense person.  And all of those aspects I think are respect worthy. 

As soon as Blushmallet had finished it, I loved it immediately.  So then the next step was on me. 
Some of you, who have been following my blog, know of another Aunt Cass piece I did, I had @callmepo do it.  And here’s the piece:  CallMePo - Cass Hamada.  After coloring Cass and her custard dripping doughnut, the easy part was done.  The hard part was the background.  So, keeping with the same theme that I did with the previous one, I went with coloring Cass in the kitchen.  But since we were seeing the kitchen from a lower vantage point that presented a new challenge.  So I had to look around, A LOOOOOOT, for pinup pieces where the model was kneeling down in a kitchen.  The reason is because I wanted to get the angles of the cabinets and the tiled floor just right.  So using that and sketching it out, I went with coloring the cabinets. 

The moment all that was done I knew that I wasn’t quite finished.  The final part for the realism and to make it non-flat was that there needed some background blurring.  But because the floor beneath Cass was in the same area, I had to keep that in sharp focus, so I selected the cabinets and tiled wall beyond, then blurred it.  Then only selected the tiled wall behind the cabinets and blurred that some more to create the illusion of distance. 

Now that it’s finished, I hope all of you like it as much as the Elsa piece. 

My thanks again so much to @blushmallet for their beautiful work on Aunt Cass and I look forward to more linearts in the future. 

Note:  All character(s) depicted here are 18 years of age or older. 

© Aunt Cass Hamada - Big Hero Six - Disney

No comments: