Saturday, December 8, 2018

Coloring Commission - CallMePo - TexanJoe - Bastila and Satele Shan Want You



In this coloring commission from TexanJoe, for this one it involves two women from the Star Wars game line of “Knights of the Old Republic” and “The Old Republic”, respectively.  I found this to be a very fun piece to color given how I started this just after I had come back from watching “Star Wars: the Force Awakens”.   

I would show the original lineart done by @callmepo but he doesn’t seem to have it posted on his tumblr page.  But as I recall the original was posted on his DeviantArt page and that is no longer there.  Quite a sad thing.

Anyway, when I started to color this, I had this notion that I shared with TexanJoe, the idea was to have it as a recruitment poster of sorts.  Basically, Bastila and Satele would be promoting the Rebel Alliance in a rather unintentionally sexy sort of way.  That way being “We want you…..for the Rebel Alliance.” 

Now, I do realize that the Rebel Alliance wasn’t really established during Bastila or Satele’s time in the Star Wars universe but I would ask the more rigid members of the Star Wars fandom to at least be lenient in this factor. 

The harder part of this piece was coloring the clothes because of how detailed both are created with all the various lines and patterns worked into the surface of each area.  And given the fact that sometimes colors changed from one area to the next.  So I simply just colored the clothes in one color and then locked the layers and went in section by section and made the color corrections. 
 
Note:  All characters depicted here are 18 years of age or older

© Bastila Shan and Satele Shan - Knights of the Old Republic - The Old Republic - LucasArts and BioWare

No comments: