Sunday, December 9, 2018

Pop-Lee - Spider-Gwen



One of the many artists I follow is @pop-leeart and when I commissioned them I wanted to have something done of one of my favorite sexy super-heroines; Spider-Gwen.  As far as what I wanted, well, I just left that up in the hands of the artist, but when they were done I was quite surprised with what they gave me.  But once it was done, I was left with my work cut out for me as far as coloring and backgrounds go. 
The real hard part of coloring Gwen was the very minute details of her.  Not to mention the reflective qualities of the black parts of the suit.  Then after that, it was a case of coloring the webbing in the arms.  Talk about going in with a fine tooth comb.  But after that was done, I decided to a background that involves a skyscraper and swinging among them.  Initially I wanted to try an alley but then I threw that aside and went with a New York City skyline.  But then I saw a small image of Spider-Gwen #5 Variant Cover:



With that, I decided to try to do something similar or in a similar vein like say the fans of New York City welcoming Spider-Gwen but…the suit decides to do a “wardrobe malfunction”.  I thought I was done but then my friend @rudeboy308 threw out an idea that was far too good to pass up.  It was a rather good nod to the variant covers done by Frank Cho and how Spider-Gwen, for some reason, would say “outrage”. 


Note:  All character(s) depicted here are 18 years of age or older

© Spider-Gwen/Gwen Stacy - Marvel Comics

No comments: