Saturday, May 16, 2020

JulyViolet - Try Guys Dnd - Joshua the Dragonborn Wizard


And here we have the final piece in the Try Guys Dungeons and Dragons series drawn by JulyViolet and colored by me.  This one is the character used by Keith Hasberger, the character is named Joshua, a Dragonborn Wizard who is also a traveling artist. 

Try Guys Play Dungeons and Dragons

Coloring this one was a true challenge because of the fact that it was the first time that I had colored a reptilian/dragon creature.  After coloring and doing the shadings, the rest of the picture was pretty easy.  At least until when it came to the case of the background.  Just like the other peices, I wanted to put in references to the Try Guys animal mascots.  Such as Zach's Turtle, Eugene's Tiger, Ned's chicken/rooster, and this one is a Giraffe. 

After that, I wanted to make a reference to something else that Kieth has done, which is a hot sauce that is sold by the company called "the Heatonist".  Sold here:  Keith's Chicken Sauce

When it was all done, or at least when I thought it was done, I turned to my artist friend, Hooksnfangs, for thoughts, and thanks to their suggestion I put in highlights on the scales to give it a sensation of a reptillian texture.  After that, it was suggested to have something drawn in on the canvas and that was when I knew of one final thing to put in reference to the Try Guys; their logo of the Triceratops. 

And there we have it, the Try Guys Dungeons and Dragons series is finished.  My thanks to JulyViolet for their work. 

Note:  All characters depicted here are 18 years of age or older. 

(C) Try Guys

No comments: