Saturday, December 26, 2020

Mackie85 - Wonder Woman 1984


 In honor of the release of "Wonder Woman 1984", I wanted to do something special as well.  And so I reached into some line arts that I had been meaning to color and found this one done by Mackie85.

Here's the original line art:  https://www.deviantart.com/mackie85/art/Wonder-Woman-Linework-802219958


I wanted to color it like the DC animated universe version, which was pretty easy enough since I colored Wonder Woman several times like that.  But then the real trick came when coloring the background.  I wanted to do something similar to what I've seen in the various posters that I've seen a lot of for the movie.  So, after finding the right colors and laying them out, I set about the task of trying to figure out how to do a layout that would make the background look like the screen off of old television screens.  Basically lots of horizontal lines.  Thankfully, there was someone who had a tutorial for that. 

Here's the tutorial:  https://photoshopcafe.com/tutorials/scanlines/scan.html

And one other thing about Wonder Woman 1984; I think it's a good movie. 

(C) Wonder Woman - Warner Bros - DC Comics

No comments: