Thursday, January 28, 2021

ArtByCynaria - Lady Vashj


I feel like it's been a long time since I uploaded or even did any artwork but in that time I have been working on something pretty detailed and extensive. 

For a long time, my friend, Hooksnfangs, has been helping me with a lot of my art projects with advice and outside point of view.  And so as a sign of thanks I decided to do a gift art piece for them in the form of one of their favorite Warcraft women; Lady Vashj. 

I knew that when I made this commission to ArtByCynaria that this was going to be quite the undertaking both on their part as well as my own but I had no real sense of it until I started it.  Not only is it very detailed but there is also the aspect that there are multiple limbs to contend with, such as the hair tendrils, the multiple arms, and hands.  Finally there's the jewelry and the snake tail.  Not to mention needing to figure out how to do a background.  But, like I was always told when it comes to big projects like this, try to take it one piece at a time.  So, after a couple of week sat chipping away at the various limbs soon came the tail which took a couple days to do on their own. 

Once that was done, there was the background which I needed a little outside help on.  So, after talking with Hooksnfangs about it, we figured that doing an underwater scene would be the best.  So after looking at a lot of underwater pictures of fish and sea snakes I went out to try to mimic what I saw.  IT was almost done but then it was suggested to me to put in some kelp in the background to make the background look a little like Vashj'ir in Warcraft.  And with that, it was done. 

My thanks to ArtByCynaria and Hooksnfangs.  Wonderful people both of you. 

And by the way, keep an eye on my YouTube channel to see a time lapse video of the work it took to create this:  StarDragon77 YouTube Channel

Note:  All characters depicted here are 18 years of age or older. 

(C) Lady Vashj - Warcraft - Blizzard

No comments: