Saturday, December 8, 2018

Blushmallet - Animated Harem - Maggie Mui



This is the fourth in the “Animated Harem” series that I had @blushmallet draw and I added color.  I have a feeling that many of you won’t know who this one is so I’ll give you a background to her. 
There’s a somewhat obscure anime called “Read or Die” or “R.O.D.” in which it features a woman named Yomiko Readman who has the ability to manipulate paper to her will.  She can make anything with it from a sword to a giant paper airplane and even a whole building.  That was in the original OVA (Original video animation) which then led to a anime series called “Read or Die TV” or “R.O.D. the TV” which features three sisters called “The Paper Sisters” who are a small detective agency.  Among these Paper Sisters is Maggie Mui who I fell for instantly.  She’s very tall, for anime standards, at about 6 foot 1 inches, her favorite writer is Hemmingway, she’s a little bit of a tomboy and she likes small places where she can curl up and read.  In fact there was a small part in the anime where she took a table cloth and covered a table with it so that she could get underneath it to read.  And her sister, Michelle, referred to it as “nesting”. 

So with that in mind, I had to add her to my small “animated harem” series.  So I sent off the idea to @blushmallet and given how easily embarrassed Maggie is, I wanted her in a pose that was sexy and bashful.  Such as she’s showing off but also covering up.  And her coverup choice had to be a book, and the most classic piece of erotic literature I could think of was “Lady Chatterley’s Lover”.  And of course, she had to be wearing a collar with my logo on it just like the others in the series. 
After BlushMallet was done with it I was pleased as punch with the work that was done.  But then came the task of coloring it, which was hard given the new job I’m in that leaves very little time to color.  But when my day off came I went ahead with it.  Coloring Maggie was easy but the tricky task of making up a background.  For this one I decided to give her a background of a bookstore which is the most apt thing for her.  And I had to throw in that she was standing near the “erotica section”.  Getting the angles right on the bookshelf was the REALLY hard part but in all I think it came out well. 

And for an extra piece, I had to throw in the “falling paper” which is something that happens a lot in the series almost as much as rose petals in shoujo manga/anime.  (See Sailor Moon, Ouran Host Club, etc)

All in all I think it came out quite well, don’t you think so, my followers?
My thanks again so much to @blushmallet for their beautiful work on this and I look forward to more linearts in the future.

Note:  All character(s) depicted here are 18 years of age or older. 

© Maggie Mui - Read or Dream/R.O.D. the TV - Aniplex

No comments: