Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Kay-sama - Black Lantern Kaworu Nagisa


This was a commission that was drawn by Kay-Sama (Miles Yagami) and colored by me.

Here’s the original:  Kaworu: Black Lantern

The idea I had behind this is that it would help promote a fan fiction that I am co-writing with ClassicCowboy called “Emerald Genesis”. Within that story there would be Shinji Jordan (raised by Hal Jordan and Carol Ferris) and he comes back to Japan at the behest of Gendo Ikari but before he comes back, his father, Hal Jordan, gives him a very special gift that he only tells Shinji that he’ll know when the time comes to use it.

As you can see in this setup, Kaworu has been resurrected and been brought back as a Black Lantern. In the idea that I had been bouncing around with Kay-sama is the idea that the way that Kaworu died is that his head was cut off so I figured that if it were reattached there would be a great scar running around his neck.

The only real tricky part was coloring the plugsuit because from what I’ve seen of Black Lanterns their suits are in black and the various shades of it. So I had made it in the same scheme as the original suit but in different colors that would be appropriate for the Black Lantern corps.

Now that this is done it is time for the Black Lantern oath:

The Blackest Night falls from the skies.

The darkness grows as all light dies.

We crave your hearts and your demise.

By my black hand, the dead shall rise!


© Black Lantern Corps - Green Lantern - DC Comics

© Kaworu Nagisa - Neon Genesis Evangelion - Studio Gainax        

No comments: