Sunday, March 21, 2021

Coloring Commission - Thundra


 

Given current events, I've opened up my coloring commissions even more and among the people who answered the add was a very faithful and old commissioner of mine, Desscribe, who brought me a line art drawn by the artist Ramona Fradon who did this line art for them of a little known Marvel character named "Thundra".

I say "little known" because when it comes to Marvel there seems to be two camps, people who know the Marvel comics from the MCU and those who have read the comics for years.  In this case, Thundra hasn't been part of the MCU (yet).  So if you're interested, go check her out. 

Coloring the line art was interesting becuase of the fact that the line art itself was a little sketchy but it was okay to work with.

As for the background, I based it off of a piece that I had come across when looking up references for Thundra that had a night sky-like background with black spheres and a lightning bolt and so I tried to mimic it. 

My thanks to Desscribe for allowing me to color this piece. 

Desscribe's Twitter

Note:  All characters depicted here are 18 years of age or older. 

(C) Tundra - Marvel Comics

If you're interested in commissioning me to color a line art, please refer to my commission sheet:



No comments: