Saturday, December 8, 2018

Coloring Commission - CallMePo - Lord of Bones - “Fleur and the Were-Jaguars”


It’s been a while since I’ve had a coloring commission and one of my newer commissioners came to me and asked me to color this new piece that was done for him by @callmepo.  Upon first seeing it, I knew that the work was cut out for me but I went to it.  And thankfully Lord of Bones had provided plenty of resource images that helped as far as the coloring and such. 

The only thing that was hard about it was coloring the “spots”.  I essentially had to go in and color each one one by one in the appropriate color.  There is a bit of a trade off when it comes to coloring characters clothed and those who are nude.  When coloring clothed characters you can take each piece one at a time, such as the shirt, the pants, the shoes, the skin, the eyes and so on.  But when it’s the whole body like when they’re nude, or in this case, one full fur color, the challenge is that you only have a limited pallet to use but you have to make sure you’re putting the shadows in the right spot. 

As for the background, just a simple affair of stone walls and a wooden floor. 

My thanks to Lord of Bones for making this commission to me and to @callmepo whose marvelous hand created it. 

Note:  All character(s) depicted here are 18 years of age or older. 

© Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, Fleur Delacour - Harry Potter - Warner Bros and Scholastic Publishing. 

No comments: