Thursday, December 6, 2018

Kay-sama - Teen Titans - Why we came to Japan


This is the colored version of the lineart “Commission for StarDragon77: Japan” by my friend, Kay-sama.

It came about when I thought about that bit from the Teen Titans movie “Trouble in Tokyo”.  I admit that I hadn’t seen all of it but I’ve seen bits and pieces.  And from what I’ve seen of it, I couldn’t help but think of the fact that the Teen Titans would come to Japan and have to face some kind of monster with Tentacles.  And any anime fan that has seen a bunch of anime (particularly hentai) will know what I’m getting at.

And Raven being Raven would have only one thing to say, “Remind me why we came to Japan?”  And the idea was so hilarious that I shared it with Kay-Sama and decided to make it a commission/collaboration between us.

Coloring Raven wasn’t really that tricky, especially since I was using the original Teen Titans color pallet.  Though I did manage to come up with a rather clever trick of doing Raven’s hair highlights.  Simply take the brush tool and make it very very thin and then run it across the hair section giving it a little jiggle and then that’s how I managed to create the highlights.  Unfortunately, this technique can’t exactly work across the board.  It only works since there are no other bangs or hairlines in the way.

My thanks to Kay-sama for this.  
© Raven - Teen Titans - WB animation and DC Comics,

No comments: