Sunday, January 20, 2019

ArtByCynaria - Alexstrasza wants to show off


Here is a piece taht probably took me the longest to do but with good reason given the detail of it. 

This piece was done by a wonderful Warcraft style artist named Cynaria.  I first came across them on HentaiFoundry and saw them on Tumblr (before the Tumblr Purge and the subsequent migration to Twitter).  And I wanted to have them do a Warcraft piece and so I had them do one of a character that I think we all like to see a lot more of; the Life Binder, Alexstrasza. 

The process of coloring her took the longest between doing regular life stuff and then trying to do the regular coloring.  The details that were done for this one were exquisitely fine and I knew that it demanded that I do equally fine detail work with my colors.  This is especially true to the armor pieces on the head, the gauntlets, the leggards, the bra and panties. 

After doing all that, what was left was doing the background and what I wanted to do was the sky of Dragonblight in Northrend.  Specifically from the top of Wyrmrest Temple.  Essentially a cold blue sky, stars and the auroras. 

When it was done, I had to show it to Cynaria who loved it immensely.  So much so that I felt so incredibly honored that such an artist would think that the coloring work that I had done was that good. 

My thanks to you and the work you did, Cynaria. 

(C) Alexstrasza - Warcraft/World of Warcraft - Blizzard


No comments: