Sunday, August 4, 2019

M. Lee Lunsford - Savage Land Storm

A while back, an old favorite artist opened up slots for commissions due to some financial issues.  The artist being M. Lee Lunsford.  And so, I asked them to do a piece of Storm in her "Savage Land" version because I wanted to have it as a gift for my girlfriend since she's a huge Storm fan.  And really, Storm just doesn't get enough attention when in the shadows of Jean Grey and Rogue. 

After I received it, I knew that my work was cut out for me.  For one the clothes would be incredibly detailed and I wanted to get her skin tone just right.  But that was only the start of it, the next big part of it was the background.  Because I knew she would be flying, she needed to be among the clouds and lightning.  So, with a few cloud and lightning brushes, I made the background.  However, I didn't want the background to be too overpowering, which I do hope that's not the case. 

My thanks to M. Lee Lunsford for their work. 

YOu can find more of their work go to their patreon:  www.patreon.com/MLeeLunsford

(C) Storm/Ororo Munroe - X-men - Marvel Comics

No comments: