Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Evangelion Voltron



This is a logo that I designed with my friend ClassicCowboy for his crossover fic Neon Genesis Voltron

The basic idea behind this was to blend the logos of both Voltron and Eva. Or in this case the royal crest and the Nerv logo. In blending the two together I had tried to think of a way to morph the slogan for Nerv so that would fit in with the Voltron fic. Originally, the slogan “God’s in his heaven and all is right with the world” was from a Robert Frost poem so after talking with ClassicCowboy we came up with “God’s in his heaven, Voltron’s on Earth, and all is well in the Universe.”

The reason why I made two versions is because I wanted to make another nod to the Evangelion universe where one of the logos there is red against a black background.

© Voltron/Go-Lion - Katsuhito Taguchi

© Neon Genesis Evangelion - Hideaki Anno

No comments: