Friday, December 7, 2018

Nippy13 - A Frozen Dance (Colored)


An idea had occurred to me a while back for another fan art piece of Elsa from “Frozen”.  This time, I decided to do something that is rather rare for me to do, to have a caricature of me made.  In all the art that I’ve had done there have only been a few times when this was done. The first time was when my friend clock-heart had drawn an Ouran Host Club OC using my face and hairstyle as the template for the OC.  Basically it was myself in the Ouran Style.  This here is the second, this time I’m done in the Disney style, thanks to Nippy13

Here is the original: A Frozen Dance

Essentially, I wanted to be dancing with Elsa as if I were there at some kind of ball or gala that she had going on at the palace.  So, with that in mind, I had to look around in the “Frozen” universe for outfits worn by the men that would be appropriate for the setting.  A lot of the outfits for the men were either for the high ranking nobles and officials or ordinary individuals who lived in the towns and villages outside the palace.  Looking closer among the various characters I managed to find someone in the background in one of the scenes and I said to Nippy, use this, and that’s what she came up with.

I know you might notice a slight difference in facial expression.  That’s because a last minute change was made in an upload to a different page that Nippy13 had and I asked her if I could use the one where my caricature was smiling.   Reason is because in the original, the expression seemed a little, I guess worried or sad.  But Nippy was perfectly alright with it and sent me the other lineart and I went to work with it.

Finally, the last issue was the background.  Initially, I wanted to recreate the background of the ballroom but I had enormous difficulty finding the right patterns and textures.  And when I did they weren’t compatible with the versions of Photoshop that I had.  Thanks to clock-heart who had suggested I make a more simple background I decided to go with that suggestion; something simple that could give a little more focus to the two characters.  After that, I used some brushes of snowflakes and a small technique for the snow blasts.  All it required was the pen tool to create a white swish and then using a speckled eraser tool, and running it across the white swish and viola: snow swish.
My thanks to Nippy13 for the marvelous work that you’ve done on this.

© Elsa - Frozen - Disney

No comments: