Saturday, November 7, 2020

Coloring Commission - Rudeboy308 - Goei


 

Here's the newest piece that I've colored as a commission to my long time commissioner; Rudeboy308.  Drawn by CallMePo

I wasn't entirely certain about this character because I've never seen the anime itself.  But given what Rudeboy308 had told me about this one and what they wanted for the background, I did my best to bring that vision to life.  Basically, the idea that was kicked around for this was that she is at a traditional Japanese onsen.  So, I pictured her coming out of the changing area and her robe is open thanks to her being drunk and she's coming to the outside where the bath is.  Having this in mind, I knew that there needed to be the changing room door/curtain behind her.  So with a little research I was able to mimic the curtain as best as I could.  Then with a little symbol implanting with the onsen symbol and the japanese symbol for "woman", it was done.  Or at least it seemed done on paper but I felt that it needed one more thing.  So, I started to think about other things that could happen at a traditional Japanese onsen and it hit me; cherry blossoms.  I decided to add cherry blossoms to it because that is one thing I don't think we see very much of in anime these days.  Maybe it's an old school trope or tactic but I always thought it was a cool thing because cherry blossoms are like pink snow.  How cool is that? 

So after searching a lot through other sites and DeviantArt, I finally managed to find a brush that did the cherry blossoms.  Done by kayimi: 
https://www.deviantart.com/kayimi/art/Sakura-Brush-25066750

Thank you to Rudeboy308 for allowing me this opportunity. 

If you enjoyed this piece, and want to see more please consider commissioning me to color a line art or become a patron at my Patreon. 


Note:  all characters depicted here are 18 years of age or older.  
 

Goei - Ikkitousen - Yuji Shiozaki

No comments: