Friday, December 7, 2018

Coloring Commission - Bokuman - SJ83 - Cheetara


Here we have another coloring commission from the generous SJ83.  He had done a series of lineart commissions to Bokuman which involved the original versions of the Thundercats characters Cheetara and Pumyra.

Original Lineart:  Commission SJ83 Cheetara

I admit that I was pretty young when the original Thundercats aired so a lot of the details about it were pretty fuzzy to me.  But thankfully SJD83 provided some reference images for a color pallet and I knew that I had my work cut out for me.  Especially when I went looking for other images to help out with the coloring.  And seeing how visually complex the characters were, I had to ask myself, “How in the hell did the colorists on this show do this from episode to episode?”

The real pain of it was the hair because of how much flowing golden curls there were.  But I have plenty of experience coloring the linearts of Bokuman over the years and I know that I had colored far more detailed stuff than this.  So, I just bore through it and continued to whittle away at it.
At last it was done and SJ83 loved it.  :-)

© Cheetara - Thundercats - RankinBass

Note:  All character(s) depicted here are 18 years of age or older.

No comments: