Thursday, December 6, 2018

Dannex009 - Meister Hollie and Weapon Partner Miles


Here we have the colored version of a commission I had made some months back to Dannex009.  It took him a while to get to it because the list for people in his commissions to-do list is quite long.  But I think it was well worth the wait.

The subject matter involves the Soul Eater versions of my friends Hollie and her husband Miles.  A while back I had drawn up sketches of the two of them and based on those drawings as well as some new ones that I did of Hollie and Miles, Dannex009 had rendered what is seen here:

Commission Meister Hollie and Miles

Once it was done, at last, next came the task of coloring it.  Mainly because of the fact that Dannex009 has a tendency to make very thin lines in his lineart.  But I won’t begrudge him for that at all since I’ve colored other linearts where the lines were also thin.

In retrospect, the harder part was coloring the background because I wanted to stretch beyond my normal skills and abilities and try to render an area where the Death Weapon Meister Academy is located:  Death City.  Thanks to a few reference images I used those for color basis and went from there.

Though I was unsure when I got finished and it was thanks to clock–heart who suggested that I sleep on it that I woke today and looked at it and thought, “Yup, this is good stuff.”

Hope all of you like it as much as I do, both finished and the work I put into it.

© Soul Eater - Atsushi Okubo - Gangan Comics - Aniplex & Funimation

No comments: