Thursday, December 6, 2018

Stickymon - Amalgam Comics - Green Lantern Ch’d


This is the colored version of “Green Lantern Ch’d” that I had commissioned from Stickymon

Original seen here: Ch’d by Stickmon

It really seemed like too good of an idea to pass up since there were two squirrel themed characters in both Marvel and DC comics and I figured with the Amalgams that I’m coming up with, then why not?  But in terms of the overall look, I decided to make her a much larger anthro version of a squirrel than the original Ch'p and give this one a feminine form. I told all this to Stickymon and he did a marvelous job at giving her the look I was hoping for.  In terms of the uniform, I definitely wanted it to look more like Squirrel Girl’s uniform with the green one piece, bracers and boots.  And once again, Stickymon did wonderfully with it.

During the coloring process it was thanks to clock–heart that I managed to push a little further in my coloring abilities.   Namely going into a more comic-book-like coloring scheme with putting in the highlights in the darker shadow areas.  The reason for that is so that the highlights in the green areas of the uniform would match the highlights that Stickymon had laid out in the darker part of the uniform.

In terms of personality, I hadn’t really thought of much for Ch’d since I was more concerned about her visual look first.   But that’s not to say that I won’t make one further down the road.


Name:  Ch’d

Alter Ego:

Team Affiliation:  Green Lantern Corps

Abilities:
Prehensile squirrel-like tail,
enhanced smell and hearing.
Power ring able to give her the ability of flight and produce energy constructs

Amalgam:
            Marvel:  Squirrel Girl (Doreen Green)
            DC:  Ch’p

© Ch'p - Green Lantern - DC Comics

© Squirrel Girl (Doreen Green) - Marvel Comics

No comments: