Friday, July 17, 2020

NudieDoodles - Slytherin Noodle





A while ago on Twitter I came across this artist named "NudieDoodles" who did this art piece or rather designed a character that they called "Noodle":


I saw it and instantly loved it.  I think it was because of the fact that she had this cuteness to her and the fact that she had short hair which is something that I don't think is done enough with characters these days.  So I had this idea because in one of the tweets Harry Potter came up, at least I think that's how it came up, and I had this idea of Noodle being in her Hogwarts house but underneath she's wearing panties of a house she's secretly rooting for. 

So, I contacted NudieDoodles and discussed the whole idea with them and they liked it already.  Initially when I discussed the line art I wanted it to be that she's wearing a Slytherin Uniform but wearing Ravenclaw panties.  Though NudieDoodles said that she saw her rooting for Gryffindor.  So, a compromise was reached in which the panties would be left blank so that way when I color them I can put in whatever colors and crest I'd like. 

After it was done, the real fun began.  Most of the uniform was gray but that was okay because that really helps the colors of her pop a little more.  Especially for the tie and the panties.  Because of the earlier discussion with NudieDoodles, I decided to make two versions.  First the Slytherin uniform with Gryffindor panties and then another with Ravenclaw panties. 

And I couldn't help but continue to send work in progress pictures to NudieDoodles a lot. 

But the biggest challenge at the end was making a background and so I did a little research into the look of Hogwarts halls backgrounds.  And much like a lot of really old schools in the United Kingdom, there are stone walls with paintings on the wall.  So I spoke with NudieDooldes about this idea and it was suggested that I'd be throwing in my old artwork in the background but I dismissed it saying that I'd like to put in old artwork of theirs in the background. 

The art pieces I put in, if you're curious are these:




Thank you, NudieDoodles, for doing this art piece and allowing me to color it. 

Note:  All character(s) depicted here are 18 years of age or older. 

(C) Noodle - NudieDoodles

(C) Slytherin, Ravenclaw, and Hogwarts - J.K. Rowling - Scholastic Publishing/Warner Bros.  (Trans Rights are Human Rights, Rowling)

If you enjoyed this piece and want to see more, please consider commissioning me to color a line art or become a patreon at my Patreon page


No comments: