Sunday, October 25, 2020

Coloring Commission - Rogue gets Slimed


 Here is the newest coloring commission given to me by Slim2k6.  The picture was drawn by CallMePo as part of the ongoing "Camp Woody" series that Slim2k6 has done.  When they approached me to do this piece, my first question was about the background.  Thankfully, they had a pretty clear idea of what they wanted.  They wanted a dark night, a dark forest, rogue on the ground, and mist.  

With those outlines laid out in front of me, I went right to work on it.  Though since this was something somewhat different from the others that I have done I decided to do something a little different in the shading.  That being that the light would come from the right.  When it was done I started to realize that I had made the best choice in making it come from that direction.  Gives a certain look of being ominous like the killer in a slasher film being off screen somewhere.  

The background on the other hand I knew that I needed a little help with the trees, so thanks to DeviantArt, I found a series of tree brushes by Fallen-Stock:  https://www.deviantart.com/falln-stock/art/Trees-and-Bushes-Brushes-Set-1-92728709

After applying a little mist and some stars to a night sky, the piece was done.  

Thank you, Slim2k6 for allowing me to do this piece.  

(C) Rogue - X-men Evolution - Marvel

No comments: