Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Bokuman - Shinkei Waterbending


This is the colored version of the New Commission that Bokuman did for me.

For this one, I asked him to have my character Shinkei do some waterbending (Water Tai Chi) similar to Katara in “Avatar the Last Airbender”.  I admit that I did base Shinkei off of Avatar but I made several changes here and there.  Such as Shinkei comes from a dojo where elemental martial arts is taught and in order to gain the title of master he has to go on a journey to learn the hidden elements for himself.

For this peice it was rather difficult because of the way the water is and I wanted to try to make it look like water.  So after coloring Shinkei and getting to it I decided to try to use a few tricks I know - mainly dealing with layer type in photoshop (types like Screen, Multiply, etc).  Unfortunately those didn’t work so I tried to tune the opacity level of the layer.  Getting it down to about 85% and it gives the water a slightly transparent look.

Again, it is a shame that Clash of the Titans forum RPG is no more because of how good this character is.

© Shinkei - StarDragon77

No comments: