Friday, December 7, 2018

Coloring Commission - Power Girl as Thor by CallMePo


This is the most recent coloring commission of a sketch/lineart that was done by CallMePo

Original sketch here:  Power Girl Thor One-shot

[Note:  I don’t know how long this link will stay because of how DeviantArt seems intent on deleting Po’s stuff now.]

However, in a rather unusual turn of events, the sketch was commissioned to Po by Cypher3au but the coloring of this lineart was made to me by Grey-Forrester.

It’s unusual because usually the people who commission me to color linearts are people who commissioned the linearts in the first place.  So, in order not to get any kind of confusion put out tehre, I contacted Cypher3au and told them of the situation and whether it was alright to go ahead with it.  I was given permission and went ahead.

I knew that this was going to be a tough commission, not just because of the armor itself but because of how detailed it was.  So, I thought over about what the colors would be.  I decided to go with the Power Girl uniform colors, the white, gold, blue and red.

Next came the painstaking process of coloring the armor itself.  Thankfully I had a good long playlist to keep my mind entertained while my hands were being entertained by this.

Initially, I wanted to do a background.   Given that this is Power Girl in Thor’s armor, I thought that what would make for a nice background is if she were standing on the Bifrost bridge (The Rainbow Bridge) and the bridge would be streaking through the vastness of space itself.  But as things turned out, my commissioner only had enough of a budget for me to color Power Girl herself.  Oh well, right?

© Power Girl - DC Comics

© Thor - Marvel Comics - Disney

No comments: